Drexel’s Center for the Advancement of STEM Teaching and Learning Excellence (CASTLE) is seeking to hire a Post Doctoral Researcher to organize and administer critical aspects of select CASTLE programs, including a program focused on supporting the professional development of STEM graduate students as educators and a program focused on classroom-based approaches to expand access to research experiences for STEM undergraduates. CASTLE is an interdisciplinary research group focused on affecting academic institutional change in STEM teaching and learning across the educational spectrum, through conducting, catalyzing and supporting fundamental research.
- Help to develop and coordinate programming to support graduate student professional development in STEM education, and programming to support expanded access to research experiences for undergraduates
- Managing the assessment of funded programs, including the administration of surveys, coordination of focus groups and development and submission of IRB applications
- Analyzing collected assessment data
- Developing and managing programming and outreach activities, including seminar series and consortia
- Developing reports on the outcomes of funded programs
- Supporting the development of grants through writing, fact finding, and preparing supplementary materials
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent in STEM field
- 2-4 years of experience
- Background in STEM education and experience working in an academic setting.
- Applicants must be adaptable, self-motivated, able to work independently, detail-oriented, be able to contribute creatively in the implementation and management of CASTLE’s programs, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- PhD completion or ABD status is a plus
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing/walking
Hybrid/Flexible Arrangement, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. See more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure.
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Feb 1 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 1 2023 Eastern Standard Time