How CIRTL Has Impacted My Career: Teaching Careers
March 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT
Join us to hear CIRTL alumni reflect on how they came into their teaching careers: what made them pursue this career path; its benefits, stressors, and rewards; and how CIRTL shaped their interests, skills, and community.
This session is part of the series “How CIRTL has Impacted My Career: Hearing from CIRTL Alumni”. By engaging in this series, participants will:
- understand how knowledge gained through CIRTL programs can influence success in different career paths (not just faculty positions)
- gain awareness that there is a large community of people with similar knowledge gained from CIRTL programs
- learn how to join the CIRTL Alumni Network if interested
This online event takes place on Thursday, March 23 at 3-4PM AT / 2-3PM ET / 1-2PM CT / 12-1PM MT / 11AM-12PM PT. This event is part of the four-part event series “How CIRTL has Impacted my Career: Hearing from CIRTL Alumni,” organized by the CIRTL Alumni Network.
This event is open to the public. Registration opens on January 10. You must register in order to attend; you will receive Zoom information upon registration.
We strive to be inclusive of anyone interested in participating in our activities. If you have specific accessibility needs, please contact us at email@example.com in advance so that we may make the necessary accommodations.
Associate: Learning Community
- Describe and recognize the value of learning communities, and how they impact student learning
- Recognize the value of and participate in local professionally-focused learning communities associated with teaching and learning
- Identify skills and resources that help you navigate different career pathways
“How CIRTL Has Impacted My Career: Hearing from CIRTL Alumni” Series
This event is the first in our four-part event series “How CIRTL Has Impacted My Career: Hearing from CIRTL Alumni.” The full series includes the following events, each featuring different panels of CIRTL alumni reflecting on their career paths, their experiences in CIRTL, and how CIRTL impacted where they’re at now: