Penn State’s university-wide center for teaching and learning (CTL), the Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence, has an opening for an experienced faculty/educational developer with expertise in teaching for equity and inclusion. Applicants who also have an academic background in a STEM discipline are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have experience in faculty or graduate student development for teaching or comparable experience working with instructors. They will not be solely responsible for all SITE equity and inclusion activities, nor will they work only on these topics.
This is a non-tenure line, full-time (48-week) faculty appointment, in-person with flexibility to work remotely at times. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience.
The Schreyer Institute is based at the University Park campus in State College, PA, but is responsible for working with over 6000 full-time faculty and 1500 part-time instructors who teach 85,000+ students at more than 20 different campuses. We also serve a large graduate student population and work closely with academic administrators.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Collaborate with a variety of faculty and academic units to design and develop learning activities, student feedback, and assessments
- Collaborate with Schreyer Institute faculty to develop and deliver SITE offerings
- Develop materials and resources that encourage use of effective and inclusive instructional and assessment strategies
- Design, present, and evaluate workshops, short-courses, and other teaching and learning programming
- Work with faculty and graduate students as they develop face-to-face, hybrid, or online courses
- Develop and provide leadership for projects related to the priorities of the University SITE
- Extend the Schreyer Institute’s outreach to, and personal interactions with, Penn State faculty and administrators
- Serve as a liaison to designated academic, administrative units, and special interest group
Screening will begin on October 13, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.