- This event has passed.
Preparing Your Teaching Demo for a Job Interview
January 25 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am CST
* This workshop is at capacity and closed for registration as of Wednesday, January 11. Registrants are notified of their enrollment status within 2 business days of registration closing. *
As part of the interview process for a faculty position in the U.S., you may be asked to lead a teaching demonstration. In this interactive workshop, we’ll discuss ways to go into your teaching demo with preparedness, confidence, and adaptability. By the end of this workshop, participants will be prepared to:
- identify questions and decision points useful in preparing a teaching demo for a job interview in the U.S.
- strategize ways to gather the information needed to effectively plan a teaching demo
- generate strategies for dealing effectively with challenging situations that might emerge during a demo (e.g. logistical, technological, or interpersonal).
Chas Brua & Beate Brunow – Pennsylvania State University
This one-session online workshop meets on Wednesday, January 25 at 12-1:15PM AT / 11AM-12:15PM ET / 10-11:15AM CT / 9-10:15AM MT / 8-9:15AM PT.
Registration and Enrollment
This workshop has a cap of 50 students. Registration is open from Tuesday, January 10 until capacity is reached or until Friday, January 20, whichever comes first. Registration will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and registrants from CIRTL member institutions or alumni of CIRTL member institutions will receive priority. Once registration closes, all registrants will be notified of their enrollment status.
We strive to be inclusive of anyone interested in participating in our activities. If you have specific accessibility needs, please contact us at email@example.com in advance so that we may make the necessary accommodations.
- Create materials that are commonplace in the academic job market (resumes, CVs, teaching portfolios, teaching statements, etc.)