- This event has passed.
Getting Hired at a Community College: Tips and Strategies from Faculty on Hiring Panel
November 10, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm CST
Learn hiring tips from faculty that serve on or work closely with hiring committees at community colleges. How might the interview differ from that of a 4-year teaching or research university? What factors should you consider in preparing your application materials and teaching demonstration? What are some common do’s and don’ts of seeking a job at a community college? Join us to learn the answer to these questions and more.
This event is supported by and organized through NSF INCLUDES Aspire grant by the Regional Initiative group.
This online event takes place on Thursday, November 10 at 2-3:30PM AT / 1-2:30PM ET / 12-1:30PM CT / 11AM-12:30PM MT / 10-11:30AM PT. This event is part of the three-part event series “Exploring Careers in Teaching at a Community College,” organized through CIRTL and APLU’s NSF INCLUDES Aspire grant.
This event is open to the public. You must register in order to attend; you will receive Zoom information upon registration.
We strive to be inclusive of anyone interested in participating in our activities. If you have specific accessibility needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so that we may make the necessary accommodations.
Associate: Learning Community
- Recognize the value of and participate in local professionally-focused learning communities associated with teaching and learning.
- Describe the scope of diversity in learning environments, of both students and instructor. (*Including but not limited to backgrounds, race, gender, ability, socio-economic status, ethnicity, gender preference, and cognitive skills)
- Describe the impact of diversity on student learning, in particular how diversity can enhance learning, and how inequities can negatively impact learning if not addressed.
- Describe how an instructor’s beliefs and biases can influence student learning.
- Describe and recognize the value of drawing on diversity in the development of teaching plans (including content, teaching practices and assessments) to foster learning.
- Describe several learning-through-diversity (LtD) techniques and strategies.